Agrasen ki Baoli is also known as Ugrasen Baodi, famous as the haunted archaeological site, in India. It considered as a protected monument by the ASI, having with 60-meter length, 15-meter width and historical step well. People used it as for water reservoir; pass their leisure, and to hold religious rituals as well as ceremonies.
Some paranormal activities, its black color water and its environment make it more haunted to the people. It included UNESCO’s heritage site and thrilling loving visitors who would like to visit this historically haunted place. The overall guide is available here for making a tour in the Agrasen ki Baoli.
Why Should You Visit Agrasen ki Baoli, India?
- It is the best historic place.
- See the ancient water reservoir place.
- A unique and different looking place.
- To visit a haunted place.
- Make a short tour without any entry fee.
- To take some unique photography.
- To see a shooting spot where take some movie shoots.
Agrasen ki Baoli is a historical monument, located in the Halley Road, India. That is a water reservoir of the ancient period, decorated with gorgeous stones and rocks. It is hidden amidst of business tower as well as the residential apartments of Delhi. A perfect place to take photography, and that’s why the film industry often takes shoots in this place.
Agrasen ki Baoli is an example of beautiful ancient monuments, which presented as the best archaeological sites in India. It built at the time of Mahabharata, and its old brick walls give you the scenery of ancient times, the visitors would like to take the touch of that time.
History of Agrasen ki Baoli, India:
Agrasen ki Baoli is the top historical monuments in India, which was a water reservoir to quench the thirst of peoples. It has 103 stone steps from the ground, which made hidden among the top corporates in recent times. Now it is protected under the Act, 1958, it along with 15-meter width and 60 meters length. Agrasen ki Baoli connected with the great historical significance, associated with powerful civilizations as well as kingdoms. A shrouded mystery has behind its creation, and now we are trying to know it. Agrasen ki Baoli built in the time of the Mahabharata era but later renovated by Aggarwal’s, in the 14th century.
Agrasen ki Baoli was a vital creature from the ancient community, which continue still in the present time. Women of the ancient periods used this place to spend their time and wanted to get rid of the scorching heat. Many rituals as well as ceremonies held here in the previous time, people felt free to arrange the ceremonies program in Agrasen ki Baoli. The important thing is that this building used for the reservation of water, which was terrific thinking. The creature of 103 stone steps made it so tall and more haunted, attractive, and mysterious.
Bypassing time day by day, it turned to an old historical place, which is a favorite place to take unique photoshoots. The film industry liked to take this place as the shooting place. Raju Hirani’s ‘PK’ movies’ shoots taken from this place. As per beliefs, from the past, it has many haunted stories also.
Exploring the Agrasen ki Baoli, India:
By visiting the place of Agrasen ki Baoli, peoples date back to the Mahabharata era. Agrasen ki Baoli used as the water reservoir in the past, and its architecture is very futuristic. The 103 stone steps from the ground made it the tallest architecture, where 4 to 5 meters water rises in monsoon season. It becomes dry in condition on the remaining seasons. The constructional structure of Agrasen ki Baoli not follows the traditional style of the other ancient monuments. However, constructed over three floors and made 103 stone steps those sloped into the earth. These floors designed with stone carvings and people used it to pass leisure time.
Agrasen ki Baoli passes through renovation by Aggarwal, when you visit this place you would like to see the covered walls. This monument also used to hold many religious rituals and ceremonies. There located a small mosque, which is also a visiting place.
Things to See in Agrasen ki Baoli, India:
- Jantar Mantar: Maharaja Jai Singh built the Jantar Mantar in 1724, located at the south of Connaught circle, in the parliament street. A good number of observatory constructions held here to increase the time and spaces’ knowledge.
- Humayun’s Tomb: The Mughal Emperor Humayun is in final rest in this place. The flourishing garden and its lush green appearance make it more attractive, which is the first garden-tomb in Indian sub-continent. Humayun’s tomb made by following the Persian and Mughal structural design. It recognized as UNESCO’s heritage site, and Mirak Mirza Ghiyath made this beautiful architecture.
- India Gate: Indian Gate is a significant war memorial, which located along with the Rajpath in New Delhi. Sir Edwin Lutyens is the architect of this 42 meters tall monument. This monument built to show respect to 72000 soldiers, of those martyred in the First World War as well as the third Anglo Afgan war. Amar Jawan Jyoti is here, being lit to mark the soldiers’ immortality, of those lost their life.
- Kendriya Art Gallery: India has excellent arts and crafts culture from its root level; Kendriya Art Gallery is a testimony of this culture. Here preserved many age-old paintings to modern artwork. The visitors face here 100 years old paintings and 14000 different exhibits. Also see some famous artists’ creatures, as like Raja Ravi Verma, Rabindranath Tagore, Thomas Daniell and many others.
- Mosque: A small mosque located at the southwestern part of Agrasen ki Baoli, which also has excellent significant historical value. This mosque is too old, its roof almost has fallen, but its remaining pillar still intact. The walls of this mosque decorated with some Buddhist Chaitya carvings. Visitors like mostly by seeing the sandstone carvings in the mosques’ pillar.
When to Visit Agrasen ki Baoli, India:
Visit this haunted historical architecture from September to November month. It is an optimum time to visit the Agrasen ki Baoli. Morning’s hours are perfect to see the glorious picture of Agrasen ki Baoli. But prohibit the evening time, because many paranormal, as well as haunted activities, may occur.
How to Get There to Visit Agrasen ki Baoli, India?
Reaching to the Agrasen ki Baoli is not so completed, just 14 km far from the Indira Gandhi International Airport. Huge numbers of local buses are available to transport visitors from the airport to the nearby place of Agrasen ki Baoli. It is better to book a taxi cab to reach Agrasen ki Baoli.
Essential Tips to Visit Agrasen ki Baoli, India:
- Visit this Agrasen ki Baoli in the morning hours.
- Never go alone there to visit.
- During climbing up the steps be careful, because it is a risky one.
- Don’t go to the last step into the water.
- Make shopping souvenirs from the nearby market.
- Carry the water bottles because of drinking water, and there is no provision.
- Due to direct sun scorching heat use sunscreen and lotions.
- Avoid evening time to visit the Agrasen ki Baoli.
- Visit the nearest tourist place.
- Don’t afraid though it is a haunted place.
- Take your best and unique photograph in Agrasen ki Baoli.
- Avoid the monsoonal season to visit this place.
Safety Concern When You Visit Agrasen ki Baoli, India:
- Agrasen ki Baoli is a haunted place, so leave this place before evening times. Some nocturnal animals live there and make it a more haunted place.
- Never go to visit this place alone, and don’t pass the last step into the water. Don’t be afraid though it has some paranormal activities history.
Agrasen ki Baoli is an excellent ancient, haunted and historical place, in India. From another historical place, it is different in looking and history. People love it to see the system of the water reservoir of the ancient era. Though it is a haunted place, visitors would like to visit here and to take photographs.
Frequently Asked Questions about Agrasen ki Baoli, India:
Q. Why Agrasen ki Baoli is called a haunted place?
Answer: Due to some paranormal activities and haunted incidents, people called it a haunted place. As per beliefs, it covered with black water, and people committed suicide in this place. The local people said that many tourists felt a force towards downstairs water. That’s why it is called a haunted place.
Q. What is the price and entry timing of this Agrasen ki Baoli?
Answer: Agrasen ki Baoli is a different historical place, where the visitors need not pay any entry fee. Visiting time starts from the morning at 7 am to the evening 6 pm. Go there in the early morning, because in this time Agrasen ki Baoli looks gorgeous.
Q. Who built the Agrasen ki Baoli?
Answer: Who built the Agrasen ki Baoli? It has no clear answer according to the historical records. As per beliefs, King Agrasen is known as the builder of this Agrasen ki Baoli. In the 14th century, it rebuilt by Aggarwal, and he said, its original builder was Maharaja Agrasen.
Q. Why the Agrasen ki Baoli is most popular?
Answer: Agrasen ki Baoli is the most famous archaeological site, and its mysterious history makes it most popular. People visit here to see the water reservoir system and take a thrilling experience because it is a haunted place.
Q. Which movie filmed in the Agrasen ki Baoli?
Answer: Agrasen ki Baoli is an excellent place to take some haunted scenery. The “PK”, the “Sultan” and the “Bolna Halke Halke” movies filmed in the Agrasen ki Baoli. It is an excellent place for photo shooting, and its structural design makes it more attractive.