In china, Beijing Capital International Airport is the leading one. It is about 32 kilometers away from the city. Under the government authority, the airport operates its activities.
At present, this is one of the busiest airports in the world and particularly in Asia. In terms of passenger and traffic.
Beijing Capital International Airport, China Guide:
The airport has several terminals for local and international passengers. In the Terminal 3, the car garage can accommodate 7,000 cars at a time.
In this airport, the luggage system is highly improved. It can handle over 19,000 pieces of luggage in an hour. Security arrangement is also up to the mark. The passengers are to undergo several security screening processes.
The monitoring tower of this airport is highest in height (323 feet). And the overall decoration of the airport is following the traditional Chinese styles.
Alongside the other standard features, you will also have the option to cater your food needs. From formal dishes to fast foods – everything is there. Also, you will have your favorite beverages inside the boundary of this airport.
The airport also supports the passengers with banking services and other business. Need some shopping? Don’t worry. You can have that too inside the airport building.
Background of Beijing Capital International Airport, China:
The official journey of Background of Beijing Capital International Airport began in 19589. In that time, it had only a single terminal. However, the number of terminal is three, now.
And the runway was only 2500 meters. At present, everything has been changed. The terminals are larger now while the runways are wider too.
However, in 2007 the airport also experienced another expansion round. This time, it had the Terminal 3. And this is the largest one. It becomes a remarkable landmark in China now.
The airport has inter-terminal shuttle service alongside the connection of railway.
Operational Airlines List:
Beijing airport is served by the following airlines: Air Algerie • Air Astana • Air Canada • Air China • Air France • Air Koryo • Air Leisure • Air Macau • American Airlines • ANA • Asia Airlines • Asiana Airlines • Aurora • Austrian Airways • Azerbaijan Airlines • Azur • Beijing Airlines • British Airways • Cambodia Angkor Air • Capital Airlines International • Cathay Pacific • Cebu Pacific • China Airlines • China Eastern • China Southern • Chongqing • Delta • Di Lian Airlines • Donghai Airlines • Dragonair • Dynamic Airways • EgyptAir • East China Sea Airlines • Emirates Airlines • Ethiopian Air • Etihad Airways • EVA Air • Finnair • Fuzhou Airlines • Garuda Indonesian • Grand China • Hainan Airlines • Hawaiian Airlines • Hebei Airlines • Hong Kong Airlines • Iran National Airline • Israel Airlines • Japan Airlines • Jeju Air • Jiangxi Airlines • JSC Airlines • KLM • Korean Airlines • Kunming Airlines • LOT • Lucky Air Company • Lufthansa • Mahan • Malaysia Airlines • Mongolian Airlines • Nordwind Airlines • Philippine Airlines • PIA • Qantas • Qatar Airways • Qingdao Airlines • Russian Airlines • S7 Airlines • Scandinavian • Shanghai Airlines • Shanghai Juneyao Airlines Shandong Airlines • Shenzhen Airlines • Singapore Airlines • Sichuan Airlines • Sky Angkor • Spring Airlines • Sri Lankan Airlines • Swiss • TAAG • Tajik Air • Thai Airways International • Tianjin Airlines • Tibet Airlines • Turkish Airlines • Turkmenistan Airlines • Ukraine International Airlines • United Airlines • Ural Airlines • Uzbekistan Airlines • Vietnam Airlines • VIM Airlines • Xiamen Airlines • Yakutia Airlines • Zhejiang Airlines.
Beijing Capital International Airport, China Lounges:
Air China Business Class Lounge Location: Terminal 3E International, Airside.
Air China First & Business Class Lounge (Terminal 2) Location: Terminal 2, Airside.
Air China First & Business Class Lounge (Terminal 3C) Location: Terminal 3C Domestic, Airside.
Air China First & Business Class Lounge (Terminal 3D) Location: Terminal 3D Domestic, Airside, Gate D10.
Air China First Class Lounge Location: Terminal 3E International, Airside.
BCAT Hourly Hotel / Lounge Location: Terminal 3E, Airside, across from Gate E10.
BGS Premier Lounge (Terminal 2) Location: Terminal 2, Airside, near Gate 11.
BGS Premier Lounge (Terminal 3E) Location: Terminal 3E, Airside, near Gate E19.
Business Travelers Lounge Location: Terminal 3E International, Airside, across from Gate E10.
China Southern Airlines Lounge Location: Multiple Locations.
Fortune Wings Lounge Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Domestic Departures, 2nd Floor.
HNA Club Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Domestic Departures Area, 2nd Floor
More Services, Facilities & Things to do on a Layover at the Beijing Capital International Airport, China:
- Business Center – Printing, faxing, computers with internet access, mobile charging and more are available in the airport’s business centers. There are three locations: T1, airside, Floor 2, near Gate 2 (Hours: 7:00AM – 9:30PM) • T2, airside, Floor 2, near Gate 14 (Hours: 6:30AM – 9:30PM) • T3, landside, Floor 4, Check-in Area (Hours: 6:00AM – 9:00PM).
- Post Office – China Post offers postal services, along with newspapers and books for purchase. Two locations: T2, Departure Hall, 1st Floor, Gate 2 • T3, east of the Arrivals Hall, 1st Floor. Hours: 7:00AM – 8:00PM.
- Dressing Rooms – The Luggage Claim Lobby has six dressing rooms equipped with mirrors, tables, chairs and additional amenities to make changing clothes quick and easy. Three locations: T1, 1st Floor, west of the Luggage Claim Hall in the Quarantine Area • T2, Luggage Claim Hall, east of Carousel 14 • T2, International Luggage Claim Hall, near Carousel 4 • T3-C, south of East Luggage Claim Hall • T3-C, south of West Luggage Claim Hall • T3-C, south of International Luggage Claim Hall.
- Baby Care Services – If you are travelling with an infant, there is a baby care room for breastfeeding and diaper-changing. Locations: Terminal 1, Airside, 2nd Floor, East and West Halls • Terminal 2 • Terminal 3.
- Children’s Play Area – Several areas have been set up for children to burn off some steam, before their flights:
- Terminal 1: A forest and jungle-themed playground is available in the Eastern Gallery.
- Terminal 2: Comfy sofas and a large toy are available at kid-friendly mini lounges available throughout T2. You can find them in these locations: International Departures Gate 13 • Domestic Gates 21, 24, 26, and 34.
- Terminal 3: Colorful climbing toys are available at a car and turtle-themed playground located near Gate C09, and at a panda-themed playground near Gate E21. Young children will enjoy the digital interactive zone at Gate C04, while a digital interactive zone for all ages is available at Gate C08.
- Swimming Pool – While not on airport grounds, a free 24-hour shuttle bus will take you to the Hilton Beijing Airport, where you can use the fitness center, spa and indoor heated swimming pool. Shuttles depart every 15 minutes to go to T3 (Gate 5 on ground floor), and every 30 minutes to go to T1 and T2, stopping to pick up passengers at T2 (Gate 7 on ground floor). Shuttle service between 11:30PM – 7:00AM must be requested in advance.
Food & Drinks:
- Drinking Water – Thirsty? Drinking water dispensers are available free of charge. The machines provide cold, warm and hot water (some with disposable cups). Location: throughout all terminals.
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours
- Terminal 1: Comfort Garden • KFC • Starbucks • Urban Food Market.
- Terminal 2: Acasia Deli Cafe • Costa Coffee • Du Hsiao Yueh • Grab & Fly • Heineken • Kafelaku Coffee • KFC • Lei Cafe • Malan • Qing Feng Bun Shop • Starbucks (3 locations) • Urban Food Market • Xiaoyue • Yahui Cuisine • Yang Guo Fu • Yoshinoya.
- Terminal 3: Ajisen Ramen • C. Straits Cafe • Celestial Cuisine • Costa Coffee (2 locations) • Crystal Jade Kitchen (2 locations) • Gourmet Noodle House • Lei Cafe • McDonalds • O’Leary’s • Paris Baguette • Shangdo Coffee • Starbucks (3 locations) • Thai Express • UBC Coffee • Zkungfu.
- All Terminals – Vending machines are available throughout the airport.
- Baggage Carts – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts are available free of charge throughout the airport.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Left luggage storage is available at a rate of RMB20 – 50 per 24-hour period, per piece of luggage (rate depends on size). Three locations: T1, corridor between T1 and T2 • T2, Arrival Hall, 1st Floor, Gate 9 • T2, Departures Hall, 2nd Floor, Gates 8 and 10 • T3-C, landside, east side of Arrival Hall, 2nd Floor • T3-C, landside, west side of Arrival Hall, 2nd Floor. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Luggage Wrapping – Protect your bags from theft and damage by having your bags wrapped in plastic. Rates: RMB30 per piece of luggage. Location: Available at the luggage storage locations.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside and Airside.
- Banking Services – Bank of China, China Construction Bank, and Agricultural Bank operate full-service branches on the 2nd and 4th floors of Terminal 3. Hours: 9:00AM – 5:00PM.
- Currency Exchange – Currency exchange agencies are located throughout all three terminals, with most locations open 24 hours.
Rest & Relaxation:
- Rest Zones – Several areas have been set up for travellers to relax in between flights.
- T2 “Window Lounge”: Relax among the china doll trees in one of six comfy lounge chairs, as you watch planes take off and land through a panoramic 10 meter window. This cozy, carpeted area is located in T2, airside, between Gates 36 – 39.
- T2 “Brilliant Colors Lounge”: Take a rest on comfy seating amidst the colorful grid art of Piet Mondrian. Location: T2, airside, Gate 23 (Domestic).
- T2 “Oasis Lounge”: Mobile-charging, comfy couches, and TVs are available in this carpeted, green-toned waiting lounge. Location: T2, airside, Transfer Hall on F1.
- T3 “Digital Forest Lounge”: This eco-themed lounge has comfy leather chairs, power sockets with USB ports, interactive photography equipment, e-book devices, and more. Location: Airside at Domestic Gate C10.
- T3 “Tulip Lounge”: A whimsical tulip-themed lounge with four functional zones, where you can relax in a cozy lounge chair, charge your devices, chat with friends in eggshell-shaped chairs, or buy snacks, juices, and WiFi access. Location: Airside at Domestic Gate C30.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available in the International waiting areas of Terminals 2 and 3. A wide variety of retails shops selling souvenirs, local specialties, teas and more are available in all three terminals.
Showers, Salon & Spa:
- Massage – Le SPA offers Chinese foot massage. Location: T3, Domestic Departures, Gate 28 Hours: 7:00AM – 11:30PM
- Showers – A reader tells us there are two free showers in the E Gate Terminal. One is located between the Bally and Montblanc stores. The other is between the Ferragamo and Hugo Boss stores. The shower is said to be roomy and has a storage locker and good water pressure. You will need to bring your own towels or be prepared to dry off using paper towels. You can also find showers in the hourly lounges. In July 2016, a reviewer told us that shower-only service is available in Terminal 2, Domestic Arrivals, B1, between Gate D5 and D6. The rate is 50RMB.
Things to do & see:
- Art in the Airport – Art, breathtaking themes, interactive displays, and live entertainment acts are on display throughout the airport. Airplane-shaped bench seating, lush garden areas, water features, a “Starry Night”-themed corridor, and more make Beijing Airport a fun and interesting place to explore! Check out a performance of the Staff Art Troupe, live at T3-E Fountain daily from 10:00AM – 2:00PM, or feed the beautiful fish at two indoor gardens (Suzhou Garden and Royal Garden) at T3-E, daily from 9:00AM – 3:00PM. Fish food provided free of charge at the gardens.
- Gardens – There are two gardens with ponds. The staff will hand out fish food for travellers to feed the fish. Location: Terminal 3, E Suzhou Garden and Royal Garden. Feeding time: 9:00AM – 3:00PM.
Beijing Capital International Airport, China Transportation: Getting To/From the Airport:
Numerous local city buses and interprovincial coaches are available to passengers needing rides to and from the airport. For fares, routes and schedules, visit the Beijing Airport website.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service for their guests.
Passengers can travel between the terminals via free shuttle bus service. Buses run 24 hours a day, as often as every 10 minutes during peak times.
Taxi ranks are located at Terminal 1 (Gate 1, outside on F1), Terminal 2 (Gates 5 – 9 on F1) and Terminal 3 (follow signs).
The Airport Express railway runs between Terminals 2 and 3, and Dongzhimen and Sanyuanqiao Metro stations in 10 – 12 minute intervals daily from as early as 6:20AM – 11:10PM. There are Airport Express stations located in Terminal 2 (B2 of Parking Garage 2) and Terminal 3 (F2 of Parking Garage 3).
Beijing Capital International Airport, China Info Brief:
Address: Shunyi District, Beijing, China
Elevation: 35 m
Phone: +86 10 96158
Opened: March 1, 1958
In this Beijing Capital International Airport, passengers can fly to over 230 destinations. Some 72 airlines are operational here.
For the excessive air traffic and passenger movement, the airport witnesses hefty time. Always. The terminal buildings remain busy to handle the crowd.
The airport is also famous for its special decoration.