One of the most popular festivals celebrated in Rajasthan, the annual Elephant Festival held in Jaipur. It is a unique event. Elephants have long been a part of Indian culture and tradition. The Hindus consider them sacred. They are also associated with Buddhism and Jainism.
They design elephants to be perfect and glitter with gold as they walk the rows in front of an excited audience. Every year Rajasthan Tourism organizes an elephant festival in March to represent the ancient culture of Jaipur. To have a really unique feeling and experience of the colorful India, here’s everything you need to know about this festival.
What is the Elephant Festival, Jaipur, 2021?
Indian mythology has a deep connection with elephants. The Elephant Festival is an annual festival held annually in Pink City, Jaipur. It takes place every year on the eve of Holi, the festival of colors. It takes place in February or March, to the full moon. A symbol of royalty, the elephant plays a major role in Rajasthan culture. They celebrate the festival in honor of the same importance of elephants in Rajasthan and in the entire Indian community.
Well-prepared animals revitalize the game play and energy in the city during the festival. This all-day festival is a wonderful event not to be missed. This is a festival for people who love elephants and want to witness to the ancient culture of Jaipur.
Some Key Facts About the Elephant Festival, Jaipur, 2021:
- Taking part elephants are adorned with chunky jewelry such as anklets, bracelets, earrings and head plates. They make the jewelry with silver and gold.
- The elephant-headed goddess Ganesh, literally ‘king of the people’, is the first of all Hindu deities.
- Elephants join the holy festival in their own way, remembering the victory of good over evil.
- The spectacular display of elephants is accompanied by the playing of traditional instruments. These instruments are the Nagaras and the Bankiyas.
- Decorated female elephants will dance, play, compete, and entertain visitors.
- They treat visitors like kings, especially in Rajasthan. There they give the guests ride of elephants during festivals like this.
- It associates live performances by artists and dancers with festivals, as do other animals, including camels and horses.
Indian Festivals are the festival of colors. Giving evidence in this statement is the Jaipur Elephant Festival in Rajasthan. An annual event on the Jaipur, the Elephant Festival showcases the colorful beauty of Rajasthan. Elephant anointing is the major attraction for this event. In keeping with the concept of a major regional festival, the city Jaipur testifies to the unique way of celebrating Holi Day.
The city is organizing an event to celebrate the elephants. Well known by the name of the ‘Jaipur Elephant festival’ the festival produces excellent scenes for viewers. The celebration took place at the Jaipur Polo Grounds near Sawai Man Singh Stadium. It helds on the day of the Holi festival.
What is the History of the Elephant Festival, Jaipur 2021?
The Elephant Festival is considered one of the most popular and revered events in the city of Jaipur. Since the launch of the festival, the event has been able to attract various outsiders. Elephants symbolize royalty according to Rajasthan culture. Jataka stories of Buddha speak of Hastimangala (Elephant festival) tradition. A royal mountain since the commemoration, the elephant has been a symbol of power and wealth.
They introduced the festival in ancient times as a celebration of cultural traditions. According to legend, when the Gods and the demons destroyed the sea, nine treasures appeared. One of these gems represents an elephant. Since then, they have regarded the elephant as a precious animal in Indian culture.
The state of Rajasthan was a favorite place for many royal figures. The kings and nobles of the time took elephant rides to the Amber Palace in Rajasthan.
When is the Elephant Festival, Jaipur, 2021?
They celebrate the Jaipur Elephant festival on the previous day of the Hindu festival of Holi. The Holi Festival is scheduled for the full moon day of the month of Phalgun Purnima (to be held in February / March) as per the Indian calendar. Since the date of the festival is based on the traditional Hindu calendar, it does not occur at the same time as the Gregorian calendar year. However, it usually falls in March.
They will celebrate the next Jaipur Elephant Festival on March 28, 2021, in the city of Rajasthan, from 4 p.m.
Events of the Elephant Festival, Jaipur, 2021:
Gaj Shringar: A display of ornaments, fabrics, and other ornaments related to elephants. The Mahouts are very proud to decorate their elephants for the event.
Live performances: Live performances of traditional dancers featuring Daph and Gair dances, both of which show the excitement of the Holi Festival.
Elephant Display: Elephants are holding a rally in front of the guests to compete for the most beautifully decorated prize.
Elephant Polo Matches: Dressed in saffron and red drums, teams of elephant riders try to score goals with long polo and soccer sticks.
Tug of War: Tug of War is a competition between Elephant and men.
Playing Holi: You have the option to join festivals and celebrate Holi with other spectators.
Where to Celebrate the Elephant Festival, Jaipur?
The celebration took place at the Jaipur Polo Grounds, opposite the Sawai Man Singh Stadium. You can find cabs, buses and autos from different parts of the city to the ground.
Essential Tips to Help You Enjoy the Elephant Festival, Jaipur 2021:
- If you want to enjoy the festival to the fullest, take part in the tug of war and join ten people in a battle with the biggest elephant.
- The colors and joy of the festival exemplify the culture of Rajasthan. So, don’t forget to bring your camera accessories.
- You can’t worry about color and dirt if you want to enjoy this festival. You have to be carefree.
- Sometimes the colors do not wash off easily. Therefore, always wear old, dirty clothes or clothes that you do not know are dirty.
- Make sure you are not color allergic. Cover your hair with hats or caps to protect yourself from shower bells.
- Arrive at least 2 hours before the show has an uninterrupted view of the show.
- Ask local people or your travel guides about specific showtimes.
Safety Concerns During the Elephant Festival, Jaipur 2021:
- When traveling with your children, be alert. They can get lost in the crowd.
- Always try to stay with your group and avoid hours of memory.
- Try to avoid bringing important things with you as they can be taken away.
- Many visitors come to enjoy the festival, so the space can be full.
- As I said before, this place is not crowded during the festivities, so you should book your tickets with the hotel ahead of time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Elephant Festival Celebrated:
- Q. Why is the Elephant Festival Celebrated?
Answer: The Elephant Festival is very popular in Jaipur, and every year they celebrate the Elephant Festival every March. The elephant is considered being the most important animal because according to Indian mythology, this was among the navratnas or nine treasures from the sea.
- Q. What is the significance of Elephant Festival?
Answer: They consider the elephant, a symbol of royalty and are therefore of great importance in the imperial culture of Rajasthan. Elephants are a very important part of many ceremonies, and King Ganesha’s head is also an elephant.
- Q. What is the entry cost of this festival?
Answer: The cost of this festival is free for all the visitors. The Elephant festival has no entry fees for anyone. Everyone can visit the ground and enjoy the festival. So it gets lots of crowds that you should keep in mind while visiting this place.
Though the elephant festival is a local festival in Jaipur, its culture and events make it a famous festival all over India and out of India.
- Q. What type of games are played during festival?
Answer: Elephants play sports such as elephant racing and elephant polo. Apart from this, the elephants are also playing the war tug. They play the games between a group of 18 to 19 men and an elephant.
- Q. Where to stay in Jaipur during the festival?
Answer: There are many excellent hotels in Jaipur. Hotel Meghniwas, Hotel Pearl Palace and Dera Rawatsar are highly recommended from us.