New Year’s Eve is one of the most popular festivals all around the world. In most parts of the world, people use Gregorian calendar. New Year’s Eve is the last day of this calendar. People also call this day ‘Old Year’s Day’. The evening before the New Year is a huge festival in many countries all around the world. This is the festival we will talk here about.
What is New Year’s Eve?
New Year’s Eve is the last of the old year. Every year, people from all around world celebrate this festival on 31st December. People gather in clubs, roads, halls, and meet their close ones on this day. This is the last day of the Gregorian year. They consider this day to be one of the largest global celebrations. People celebrate this festival to bid farewell to the old year and welcome the New Year.
People particularly celebrate the evening of the day. Although the entire day is New Year’s Eve, most of the parties are in the evening. That is why we call it ‘Eve’ which stands for evening. New Year’s Eve is a major observance all around the world.
Some Key Facts about New Year’s Eve, 2022:
New Year’s Eve is a global observance, and people pair it with joy and excitement. This is the celebration that welcomes new hopes with the New Year. Here some key Facts about the New Year’s Eve.
- New Year’s Eve is on 31st December. People celebrate this festival annually on the last day of the year.
- People from all around the world observe this day as a celebration. They do it to bid farewell to the past year and welcome the New Year.
- Under the rule of Julius Caesar, they observed the first New Year’s celebration 4000 years ago.
- New York City is popular for its New Year’s celebration. About a million people gather in the Times Square to watch the ball drop at 12 am.
- Gregorian calendar is not the oldest one in civilization. The first recorded New Year celebration took place in Mesopotamia around 2000 B.C.
- People in western world start their year by kissing someone. According to German and English superstition, whom you kiss on New Year’s Eve will predict how the New Year will be.
History of New Year’s Eve:
New Year’s Eve is a fancy and hectic festival. The earliest known festival of New Year was in Mesopotamia around 2000 B.C. Our current New Year’s celebration first started 4000 years ago. Julius Caesar began the tradition by naming the first month of the Year ‘January’. He named it after the Roman God of Beginning ‘Janus’.
Back then this celebration was a ritual of sacrifice to the God. Janus has two faces to look back in past and look at the future. They worshipped the God at the 1st day of January. The Romans also exchanged gift with each and enjoy parties together during the festival.
Civilization has changed the time of this celebration throughout the years. Pope Gregory reestablished January 1 as New Year’s Day in 1582. The modern celebration of New Year’s Eve may have been taking place since then.
When is New Year’s Eve?
People all around the world celebrate New Year’s Eve on 31st December. This is an annual observance. They celebrate until 12 am of 31st December. From 12 am, midnight, the New Year begins.
Top 05 Best Places In The World To Celebrate New Year 2022:
New Year’s Eve is a global observance. Still, there are particular places where this festival turns into an amazing celebration. Here are some best places to spend your New Year’s Eve.
- New York City, USA: New York is very famous for many things. One of them is New Year’s Eve in Times Square. The place grows crowd from the evening and at midnight they drop the time ball to announce the New Year. People from all around the world come to visit Times Square on this day.
- Sydney, Australia: The first major city in the world to welcome New Year at 12 am is Sydney. The city welcomes the New Year with major Fireworks at the Sydney Harbour. Its beaches are also fascinating.
- Bangkok, Thailand: This city is popular for having one of the best nightlife in Asia. This city grows younger when the night comes. On New Year’s Eve, spending the midnight at Bangkok is a life goal.
- Dubai, UAE: Dubai is one of the richest and fantastic cites in the world. The Burj Khalifa is one of its attractions. This is a skyscraper that arranges fireworks at midnight to welcome the New Year.
- Moscow, Russia: Moscow’s historic Red Square celebrates New Year as one of the most chilling but hectic festival. It welcomes the New Year with visually appealing firework display.
Essential Tips to Help You Enjoy New Year’s Eve:
Because of the pandemic situation, many of us are not willing to get out on New Year’s Eve. And there are also people who still want to spend their New Year’s Eve in a great destination. Here are some tips to help both type people to enjoy New Year.
- If you are not willing to get out on New Year’s Eve, spend time with family and friends. Cook dinner for them and through a party at your place. Invite a few of your friends and family.
- Getting out on New Year’s Eve is quite cold for us. So, take enough warm clothes with you and always wear a mask.
- Don’t be afraid to celebrate your New Year in a festive environment. Avoid crowd and you can still go out. Try to interact with fewer people.
- The internet is full of people who will show off their parties and plans. Do not get upset after seeing the social media go hectic at midnight. You can be happy wherever you want and however you want.
- If you are willing to go somewhere else to spend the holiday, arrange room and other essentials there. Book a safe place.
Safety Concerns during New Year’s Eve:
It is necessary to be safe on a hectic festival like this. Here are some tips to concern about the safety on New Year’s Eve:
- New Year’s Eve is exciting and joyful. People get drunk and do stuff that can amaze you. Try to be careful with alcohol on this day. If you see something inconvenient during the celebrations, call the local emergency number.
- Lock your house well to prevent the break-ins. If you are in a festival destination, keep your valuable safely locked.
- Always keep a first-aid kit with you. A hectic festival like this can happen anything.
- Book your cab earlier if you are going somewhere. After getting drunk, driving on your own is not a good idea.
- At last but not least, take the standard safety measures.
New Year’s Eve is a traditional and cultural festival of joy and happiness. By celebrating New Year’s Eve we welcome the New Year with new hope and possibilities. Use your common sense. Try to keep yourself safe. Follow the tips and enjoy a happy New Year.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about New Year’s Eve:
Q. What can couples do on New Year’s Eve?
- Kiss at Midnight. …
Dance to “Auld Lang Syne”
Try a New Cuisine.
Have Lunch at Your Favorite Restaurant.
Make a Time Capsule.
Plan a Getaway, Even Just for the Night.
Eat Grapes for Good Luck.
Q. The Best Cities for an Epic New Year’s Eve to Ring in 2022
- Sydney, Australia Fireworks over the Sydney Opera House, New Year’s Eve, Sydney, Australia.
Venice, Italy Fireworks over the Rialto Bridge and Grand Canal, New Year’s Eve, Venice, Italy.
Hong Kong, China. Fireworks over Victoria Harbour, Hong Kong.
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Q. Which country gets new year first?
- New Year is first celebrated on the small Pacific island nations of Tonga, Samoa, and Kiribati. New Zealand follows next in celebrating the New Year, followed by Australia, Japan, and South Korea, while the last place to celebrate New Year is Bakers Island which lies in central Pacific Ocean.
Q. What can you do on New Year’s at home?
A. Dress up!
Make a festive cocktail. .
Host a video call with loved ones.
Watch Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve.
Have an appetizer cook-off.
Plan a virtual toast with your friends.
Watch movies all night long. Have a dance party.