Disneyland- the very first theme park of Hong Kong is situated inside of Hong Kong Disneyland Resort. The park is owned and run by Hong Kong International Theme Parks. This is one of the largest theme parks in Hong Kong. It was opened for all in September 2005. The rules of feng shui are prevalent in the resort, which was adopted to avoid cultural dissimilarities.
History of Disneyland –Hong Kong:
The Disneyland is located in Penny’s Bay, Lanatu Island and Hong Kong’s first theme park inside the Disneyland resort and was opened on September 2005. Different Chinese cultural traditions are merged with the resort. The theme park currently occupies 123 acres of lands and the capacity will be increased to entertain 10 million global visitors annually within the next 15 years’ planning period. The resort is run and managed by Hong Kong International Theme Parks.
There are seven theme areas in the park including – Main street, Fantasyland, USA, Adventure land, Grizzly Gulch, Tomorrow Land, Mystic Point and Toy Story Land. The cast members speak in different language including English, Cantonese and Mandarin. The tourist maps are printed in multi languages – English, Japanese and Chinese. About 34,000 visitors daily visit the park and in the year of its birth, the park attracted about 5.2 million visitors. Due to the local criticisms, the number of visitors fell a bit in the second year. From the third year of the park, after its inception in 2005, the attendance percentage of tourists, guests and visitors started increasing.
After its opening, the theme park has entertained about 25 million visitors across the globe. In 2013, the Hong Kong Disneyland is rated as the 13th most visited theme park in the world, and it produced profit of over 100 million HK$ in 2012. The main street USA is designed to represent a Midwest town of early 20th century, while the Adventure land features jungle themed adventures and Fantasyland brings life to the Disney movie characters.
Travel Guide information Disneyland –Hong Kong:
The Park is located at Disneyland Resort MTR Station, in Hong Kong. If anyone wants to visit the Disneyland theme park in Hong Kong, there are different public transportation systems to go there. You can use the Mass transit Railway (MTR), bus or ferry service to reach the spot. For the MTR, it is a 3.5 kilometre route from the Sunny Bay to Disney land resort, and the trains are fully automatic, therefore, there are no drivers on board on the train. For Bus service, there are different routes to reach Disneyland and there is a shuttle service available to reach. Though there is a ferry pier has been built, that is unused.
Some Tips when you visit on Disneyland –Hong Kong:
Be careful about the bus services as some of the buses run in the morning and after fireworks, and do not go for the ferry since that is not used at all. The park remains open from 9.00am to 8.00pm for the visitors and guests. Since the park is overcrowded, you have to keep patience. Generally, you are to wait for about 45 minutes to get a snack from the snack outlets and its least two hours to get a ride. Discounts are available on the weekdays.
Culture & Customs of Disneyland –Hong Kong:
Since the Government is a shareholder of the park; the locals are able to stay longer than the other visitors. Chinese public holidays are considered as special days in the park. One should abide by the rules and regulations inside the park for maintaining discipline.
Disneyland, Hong Kong information Summery:
Address: Lantau Island, Hong Kong
Opened: September 12, 2005
Area: 28 ha
Slogan: The happiest place on earth
Owners: The Walt Disney Company, Government of Hong Kong
Transport/ Getting Around in Disneyland –Hong Kong:
Getting around Hong Kong Disneyland Resort is easy and fun:
- Walk from the Theme Park to Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel via Park Promenade in about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Walk from the Theme Park to Disney’s Hollywood Hotel via Park Promenade and Magic Road in about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Walk from the Theme Park to Disney Explorers Lodge via Park Promenade and Magic Road in about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Walk from the Theme Park to Inspiration Lake via Fantasy Road and a walking tunnel in about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Walk from Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel to Inspiration Lake via Magic Road in about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Walk from Disney’s Hollywood Hotel to Inspiration Lake via Magic Road in about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Walk from Disney Explorers Lodge to Inspiration Lake via Magic Road in about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Walk from Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel to Disney’s Hollywood Hotel via Magic Road in about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Walk from Disney Explorers Lodge to Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel or Disney’s Hollywood Hotel via Magic Road in about 5 to 10 minutes.