The Epcot International Food and Wine festival is an annual festival that takes place in Epcot, in the Walt Disney World Resort in Bay Lake, Florida, USA. This festival takes place from late August to late November. Epcot is a Walt Disney theme park. They set up special kiosks around the World showcase during the festival. They also put foods and drinks with the Kiosks. The Walt Disney Company organizes this amazing festival of foods and drinks. This festival represents many cuisines around the world. It is the perfect festival for a food lover.
Here is a handy guide to help you know about the Epcot International Wine and Food festival.
What is the Epcot Wine and Food Festival?
The Epcot International Wine and Food festival is an annual food festival. This festival takes place in Epcot. Epcot is a theme park in the Walt Disney World resort in Bay Lake, Florida, USA. This festival is a long event. The event runs from the late August and to late November. It’s very popular among the food lovers. In this festival, the organizers set up special kiosks around the World Showcase with foods and drinks. These foods and drinks represent cuisines around the world. They include admission to the basic festival with the park admission. But to enjoy the food and drink, you must spend some money. Also, this festival includes a concert series, Eat to the Beat. They also organize the ‘Party for the Senses’. You can attend demonstrations from popular chefs, book signings at the festival.
Some Key Facts about the Epcot Food and Wine Festival
- This festival takes place in a Walt Disney World resort and organized by a company with the same name.
- This festival is huge. Every year they set up 30 booths of foods with nearly more than 100 food items to eat.
- If you think this festival is all about food and drinks, then you are wrong. This is a festival of music, demonstrations, merchandise, seminars, pairings, seminars and so much more.
- Typically, this festival runs from late September to mid-November. But for the last few years, they have started to run the festival from late September.
- The festival runs for 87 days in 2020.
- There are special events and extras in this festival.
- They sell Epcot themed purses and T-shirts at the festival. If you want to buy any, there are plenty of them.
- The festival has a family play zone and a Ratatouille-themed scavenger hunt. They call the hunt ‘Hide and Squeak’.
- There is a particular guide to the festival. They call it the DFB guide.
Epcot International Food and Wine Festival – A short Overview
The Epcot International Wine and Food Festival is the perfect festival for a food lover. If you are not even a food lover, you will still love the experience of this festival. There is so much more than just food and drink in this festival. The Epcot International Wine and Food festival is offering music, demonstrations, merchandising, pairings, friendships and so much more. The ‘Eat to the Beat’ concerts series will blow your mind. Many popular artists around the world have headlined into this concert series. The party animals can have their kind of fun experience at the ‘Party for the Senses’. There is so a good deal of experience one can gathers in this hectic festival in Epcot. So, don’t think so much. Start planning for the festival. It will be an amazing experience for you. You can join this festival with your family. And if you are willing to take kids with you, Walt Disney World has always something to offer.
What is the History of the Epcot Wine and Food festival?
The first Epcot International Wine and Food festival took place in 1995. The longest Epcot Food and Wine festival took place in 2014. It lasted for 57 days, longest in its 19 years history. The 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine festival was huge. It included almost 100,000 dessert portions, 360,000 beer servings, 300,000 wine pours and 1.5 million tapas-sized food samplings. This festival had visitors from more than twenty-five nations. They set up thirty-two different booths of foods from different cuisines. Following year, they introduced the ‘Eat to the Beat’ concerts series.
In 2015, the festival ran from September 25 through November 16. That year they added new booths to the festival. In 2016, the festival ran from mid-September to mid-November. The festival included some new premium events the following year.
In 2017, the festival ran from August 31 through November 13. In 2018, The 23rd Epcot International Food & Wine festival took place from August 30th to November 12th. There were many new additions to the festival the following year. They included a Character Dance Party, Sunday Brunch with the Chef, Junior Chef Kitchen and Food & Beverage Pairings. Special events of celebrity chef demonstrations returned to the festival. During the 2018 Festival, some of the most popular bands from the 80s to the 2000s performed nightly at the America Gardens Theatre.
In 2019, the 24th Annual Epcot International Food & Wine festival ran from August 29th to November 23rd. It was a record of 87 days. Returning for this year’s festival is the popular “Party for the Senses”, Eat to the Beat Concerts, Demonstrations from Celebrity Chefs, a record number of food booths in the, and new seminars.
When is the Epcot International Wine and Food Festival?
The Epcot International Food and Wine festival usually takes place from the late-August to late November. In 2020, the festival date is still unannounced.
Where is the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival?
The Epcot Food and Wine Festival takes place in Epcot. Epcot is a Disney theme park in the Walt Disney Resort in Bay Lake, Florida, USA.
Essential Tips to help you enjoy the Epcot Wine and Food Festival
- Make a budget of purchasing sample-sized food portions and drink pours from the festival.
- The festival draws a huge number of locals’ attraction. They will crowd the Friday evening and all day on Saturday. You might want to avoid these days to have a crowd free experience.
- Make your way to the back of World Showcase at 11 am. This is when the booths open.
- Use the ‘divide and rule’ formula if you are going with friends. Split up to get items from different booths and meet at the same place.
- Take your food and eat it at any quick-service restaurant nearby. There is no rule about eating and sitting anywhere in the Disney World.
- Drink a lot of water and bring a hat with you. It will be sunny at the Disney world during the festival.
- Wear light-colored loose cloths.
- The festival is not cheap. I suggest that you should make a list of what you want to eat at the festival.
- Get the DFB Guide to International Food and Wine Festival.
- Check out the free seminars before you join the main festival.
- Don’t miss out the concert, ‘Eat to the Beat’.
Safety Concerns during the Epcot Food and Wine Festival
- Just like every other place, the Epcot Food and Wine festival might have some safety concerns.
- Make your accommodation early. Bring enough money with you.
- Avoid the crowd. Keep your valuables in a safe place.
- Safety is much easier when you know the facilities in the area and where to get. Gather enough information about the place.
- If you are going to drink too much wine, book your ride to home.
- Do not take expensive ornaments with you.
Other things to do during the Epcot Food and Wine Festival
- Check out the Demonstrations of celebrity chefs at the festival.
- Buy something other than food samples such as Epcot themed bags and T-shirts.
- Do not miss out the free seminars.
- Check out the ‘Party for the Senses’.
- Have a hectic musical experience at the ‘Eat to the Beat’.
- Walt Disney World is a surprise itself. Discover them on your own.
Wow! The Epcot International Food and Wine festival is an amazing annual festival. It should be on every food lovers bucket list. Even if you are not a food person, you should still visit the Festival. Because the Epcot International Food and Wine festival is not all about foods and drinks. It has so much to offer just than that. Don’t think too much. Make your list, plan the whole thing and you are ready to go.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Epcot Food and Wine Festival
Q. What are the dates for the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot?
Answer: It is still unannounced for the 2020 Festival.
Q. Is the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot free?
Answer: No. But there is food of every budget at the festival.
Q. How much is the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot?
Answer: It will take you 97 USD to enter Epcot. The food costs depend.
Q. Do I need a special ticket for Epcot Food and Wine Festival?
Answer: No. The admission the festival is added to the ticket to enter Epcot.
Q. Is the Epcot Food and Wine Festival cancelled?
Answer: No. The dates remain unannounced.